Automatically fulfill gift card rewards where winners can pick from top retailers (e.g, Amazon, Starbucks) and/or donate to non-profits.
Note: The Tango Card integration is only available to users on a GrowSurf paid plan, and is only available to companies based in the following countries: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain.
The default currency you choose for your GrowSurf campaign determines which country your recipients can redeem their gift cards in. For example, if your default currency is USD then only USD gift cards can be selected for redemption.
Tango Card is a free service that lets you easily reward winners of your referral campaign with their choice of e-gift cards or non-profit donations.
Tango Card is 100% free to use. You only pay for the value of the e-gift cards that you issue to your winners.
Watch the video below to see how easy it is for your recipients to receive a Tango Card Reward Link via email and then redeem it for their choice of gift card rewards.
Your winners will get a Tango Card email with a unique redemption link
- You control your total spending by funding your account upfront (via ACH/wire, check, or credit card)
- Your winners can choose and combine their choice of e-gift cards from a wide variety of top retailers such as Amazon, and Starbucks, as well as donate to non-profits
- E-gift cards deliver instantly, have a digital trail, and require no inventory
- Tango Card provides customer support to assist in handling any/all issues, available Monday to Friday 7:30 am—5:00 pm PST
Step 1: In the GrowSurf Campaign Editor - Options step, click the Connect to Tango Card button.
You must first select a default currency for your GrowSurf account in order to use Tango Card. Please note that Tango Card is only available in USD, CAD, GBP, and EUR.
Your default currency determines which country your recipients can redeem their gift cards in. For example, if your default currency is USD then the gift card that you choose can only be redeemed in the United States.
Step 2: Connect a reward(s) to Tango Card.
First, click the Connect a Reward button.
Choose the gift cards, set the amount, then hit Save. Now, anytime this reward is unlocked by a winning participant, a Tango Card Reward Link will also be emailed to them.
With double-sided rewards, you have full flexibility in choosing who gets the gift card reward: (1) just the referrer, (2) just the referred person, (3) or both the referrer and referred person.
Step 4: Next, you will need to fund your Tango Card account balance upfront.
Click the Add Funds button, then choose your preferred funding method and follow the step-by-step instructions provided.
ACH/wire or check is 100% free. Credit card incurs a 3.5% processing fee.
Step 5: Verify your account balance by clicking the Back button, then clicking the Refresh Balance icon.
Once you see your account balance updated, your Tango Card integration is all set!
- If you are adding funds via credit card for the first time, the initial deposit may take up until the end of the next business day to clear (subsequent deposits will process faster in the future).
- If there are insufficient funds in your account balance when covering redemptions, your winners will not receive email links for redeeming gift cards, and you will need to retry failed redemptions at any later time.
(Optional) Step 6: To get notified when failed redemptions happen, you can enable Tango Card alert emails by updating your Notification Preferences on your account page.
- Only companies based in the following countries can use Tango Card: USA, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain
- If you are using a non-USD currency: Please note that Tango Card uses separate banks for currencies. When you add funds via ACH or wire, please make sure to view the specific instructions within GrowSurf to ensure funds are sent to the right bank. If a payment is sent to Tango Card's USD bank, it will be converted to USD prior to deposit. There may be fees or loss of funds due to this conversion.
- Funding fees: Adding funds via ACH/wire or check is free. Funding via credit card incurs a 3.5% processing fee. (Note: transactions are limited to once a day and $5,000 per transaction.)
- Funding via credit card:
- The initial deposit made by credit card may take up until the end of the next business day for funds to clear.
- If Tango Card's security team has to investigate a credit card due to red flags, processing may take an additional business day.
- Once your initial deposit has cleared successfully, subsequent deposits will be processed faster in the future.
- Insufficient funds: If there are insufficient funds in your account balance when covering redemptions, your winners will not receive email links for redeeming gift cards, and you will need to retry failed redemptions.
- If you have manual reward approval enabled for your campaign: Tango Card Reward Link emails will only be issued to the winner(s) only after you approve the reward.
- Cancellation policy: Please make sure you understand Tango Card's cancellation policy here. Please note that Tango Card can NOT cancel direct merchant brands, only unredeemed Reward Links and Prepaid Visas.
GrowSurf will automatically retry failed redemptions over a period of 7 days.
If redemptions failed due to a lack of funds: Add sufficient funds, then manually 'Retry Redemptions' (see image below) or wait for GrowSurf to automatically retry redemptions.
GrowSurf automatically creates a Tango Card account on your behalf using your GrowSurf email. In the event that you need to contact Tango Card, please reference your Tango Card account details, including your Account Identifier (found in the popover window when you click the Contact Tango Card Support link in the Tango Card integration card).
- You want to change the email address associated with your Tango Card account
- You would like to resend gift cards to winners
- Troubleshooting any issues with recipients redeeming their gift card
- If you are experiencing any funding-related issues (credit card, ACH, wire, etc)
- If you have questions or would like updates on the funding status of your account