Trigger referrals on HubSpot deal stage changes and update/add HubSpot contacts with their unique share link and referrer information.
Note: The Hubspot integration is only available to users on a GrowSurf paid plan.
When you connect your HubSpot account to your GrowSurf campaign and enable Referral Trigger, GrowSurf will automatically detect and trigger referrals on HubSpot deal stage changes.
GrowSurf will check if the HubSpot deal's associated contacts' email addresses match a GrowSurf participant's email address. If a match is found, then a referral will trigger, giving referral credit to the referrer and unlocking any rewards, if applicable. If a referral has already been triggered (and referral credit already was awarded), then nothing else will happen because referral credit can only be awarded once.
Here's how to set up HubSpot referral triggers:
Step 1: In Campaign Editor > 4. Options > Integrations, click the Connect to HubSpot button.
Step 2: Once connected, toggle the switch to enable the Referral Trigger.
Step 3: Select a HubSpot pipeline, then select a deal stage.
(Optional) Step 4: You can add a referral trigger hold period by toggling the Show advanced settings section.
Note: The referral trigger hold period is useful for making sure that deals that fall through do not count as referrals. During this hold period, if a deal does not retain the stage you selected, the referral trigger will be canceled completely.
- When testing out the HubSpot Referral Trigger integration, make sure to view participants' activity logs for details that can help you troubleshoot any issues.
- HubSpot events (e.g. changing of a stage in a deal) that are sent to GrowSurf are sent asynchronously and could take up to one minute or longer depending on load. Until the event is received GrowSurf cannot process the event and trigger the referral. Furthermore, we use a message queue to process these events. If you do not see a referral trigger right away please be patient.
When new GrowSurf participants are added to your campaign, they will automatically be added/updated as HubSpot contacts with a new property group GrowSurf. Their unique share link and referrer information will be available for use in emails and reports.
Step 1: In Campaign Editor > 4. Options > Integrations, click the Connect to HubSpot button
IMPORTANT: Because the GrowSurf data sync to HubSpot only occurs after you have connected with the integration, it is imperative to connect with the integration BEFORE importing participants. Click here to see remedy options if you have already imported participants into your campaign but would like to sync their GrowSurf data to HubSpot.
Step 2: Choose a HubSpot account
Once you have successfully connected to HubSpot, GrowSurf will automatically create a new contact property group called GrowSurf in your HubSpot account that contains new contact properties (see image below). You can confirm these contact properties in the Settings > Contact Properties page in your Hubspot account.
GrowSurf will automatically create these new contact properties for your HubSpot contacts.
*GrowSurf Referral Status can be the following:
CREDIT_PENDING(This participant must still trigger a referral for their referrer to receive referral credit),
CREDIT_AWARDED(This participant triggered a referral and their referrer received referral credit),
CREDIT_EXPIRED(This participant did not trigger the referral credit within the referral credit expiration window so their referrer did not receive referral credit).
- If the new participant isn't being added to HubSpot, or if they are being added but their unique referral link isn't being synced to HubSpot:
- Activity logs will denote if a participant was added to HubSpot or if they failed to be added. (In the case of failure, GrowSurf will re-attempt to add them for 7 days).
- If a Hubspot contact has multiple email addresses, GrowSurf will only sync participant data to one HubSpot contact:
- Each of your HubSpot contacts are uniquely identifiable by their primary email address. Similarly, all GrowSurf participants are uniquely identified by their email address. When GrowSurf adds a new primary contact or updates an existing primary contact within your Hubspot account, only the email address associated with the GrowSurf participant will be updated, reflecting their GrowSurf participant information.