Trigger referrals on new PayPal payments or automatically send one-time PayPal payouts as rewards.
When you connect your PayPal account to your GrowSurf campaign and enable Referral Trigger, GrowSurf will automatically detect and trigger referrals on new PayPal charges.
GrowSurf will check if the PayPal customer's email address matches a GrowSurf participant's email address. If a match is found, then a referral will trigger, giving referral credit to the referrer and unlocking any rewards, if applicable. If a referral has already been triggered (and referral credit already was awarded), then nothing else will happen because referral credit can only be awarded once.
Here's how to set up PayPal referral triggers:
Step 1: In Campaign Editor > 4. Options > Integrations, click the Connect to PayPal button
Step 2: Once connected, GrowSurf will have Referral Trigger enabled by default.
(Optional) Step 3: You can add a referral trigger hold period by toggling the Show advanced settings section.
When a GrowSurf participant unlocks a reward, send them a one-time PayPal payout.
- The following fees are applied on payouts made through PayPal's API:
- United States: $0.25 USD per U.S. transaction
- International: 2% of the recipient payment amount, up to a certain amount
- Individual payments cannot exceed $20,000 USD.
- No fees are charged to the recipient.
- 4.Add sufficient funds to your PayPal business account (make sure to cover enough for payout totals and fees)
Step 1: In Campaign Editor > 4. Options > Integrations, click the Connect to PayPal button.
Step 2: Once connected, click the Payouts tab and connect a reward(s) to PayPal by clicking the Connect a Reward button.
Enter the details of the payout including the name, payout note (this will appear as a note to the PayPal recipient), and payout type. You can also click Show advanced payout settings to view more customization settings.
Then hit Save. Now, anytime this reward is unlocked by a winning participant, a PayPal payout will also be sent to the PayPal customer associated with the GrowSurf participant email address.
Once you save the reward, you should see a green dot, indicating that the PayPal Payouts integration is enabled.
- If you have manual reward approval enabled for your campaign: PayPal payouts will only be issued to the winner(s) only after you approve the reward.
- When testing out the PayPal Payouts integration, make sure to view participants' activity logs for details that can help you troubleshoot any issues.