Update ActiveCampaign contacts with their unique share link and referrer information.
Step 2: Once connected, choose the ActiveCampaign list that you want to automatically sync to. GrowSurf will add/update your ActiveCampaign contacts every time a new participant is added or referred to your referral campaign.
Step 3: Save changes. You should now see a screen that looks like the one below:
Step 4: Open your ActiveCampaign account, and go to Lists > Manage Fields.
For each GrowSurf custom field that you want available for ActiveCampaign contacts, you will need to manually click the edit icon next to each GrowSurf field (see screenshot below):
Then in the Customize the Field Options window, check the same ActiveCampaign list that you selected in the GrowSurf campaign editor.
GrowSurf will automatically create these new contact fields for your ActiveCampaign Contacts.
*GrowSurf Referral Status can be the following:
CREDIT_PENDING(This participant must still trigger a referral for their referrer to receive referral credit),
CREDIT_AWARDED(This participant triggered a referral and their referrer received referral credit),
CREDIT_EXPIRED(This participant did not trigger the referral credit within the referral credit expiration window so their referrer did not receive referral credit).
You can use these personalization tags in your ActiveCampaign email templates. Whether you launch a new marketing campaign or have an automated drip campaign going on, make sure to always include
%GROWSURF_SHARE_URL%in your emails to provoke your subscribers to make referrals!
- If the new participant isn't being added to ActiveCampaign, or if they are being added but their unique referral link isn't being synced to ActiveCampaign:
- Activity logs will denote if a participant was added to ActiveCampaign or if they were failed to be added. (In the case of failure, GrowSurf will re-attempt to add them for 7 days).
- If custom contact fields are not showing up for an ActiveCampaign contact:
- If a GrowSurf custom field personalization tag is showing up as red when sending out an email:
- You will need to make sure to explicitly make the custom field available for your ActiveCampaign list in order to use it as a personalization tag in your emails. Please reference step #4 in the instructions above.